...to succeed in life, you need three things: a wish bone, a back bone, and a funny bone!

18 October 2012

2. From the Hub...

My name is MissA, and I am a chocoholic!



Can you even imagine uttering the statement "Ooooo, this is too chocolaty for me"?

Could you pass a bowl of M&M's without wanting a handful, or more precisely…the whole damn bowl?!

Do you look at people when they say "I don't like chocolate" like they are aliens?

Are you a CHOCOHOLIC? I am!

I do believe chocolate is a drug, at least for me, and I can use and abuse it like nobody's business...I am the Courtney Love of chocolate!

Giving up chocolate is like an alcoholic giving up booze, or a drug addict giving up anything that alters their state of mind.

It is time to go cold turkey and here is my plan…want to join me?

For me, any other non-chocolate sweet is like methadone, it isn't the same euphoria, but it does temporarily take the edge off.

So, to make sure I do not scarf down every Golden Oreo or Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut I will also give up any food that is not made with 100% whole wheat flour, this greatly reduces impulse buys of convenient treats and homemade goodies...if I really need to satisfy my sweet teeth I have to either take the time to bake, or go out of my way and probably spend too much money to find the treat that will do the trick!

As far as candy is concerned, I like the occasional Skittle or Starburst, but I have never made a beeline for these items, because duh they are not covered in chocolate and they make my tongue feel funny if I eat too much.

This decision is about a real addiction and not a diet trick...I am addicted to chocolate and I hope and pray I succeed at conquering this demon, and if I lose a few pounds in the process you will not hear me complain!

If there were chocoholic anonymous meetings I would go, and collect my milestone chips, instead of devouring chocolate chips.

Eventually I may give up sugar all together, but for now I will find contentment with being 0% cacao!

If you ever find me in a dark pantry, candy bowl or child’s holiday candy stash trying to score a Hershey's Kiss to get my fix…feel free to stage an intervention!

Originally published on HubPages ~ October 2011

No comments: